noun (plural same or plexuses)Anatomy
- 1A network of nerves or vessels in the body.More example sentences
- Around the abdominal aorta, the aortic plexus of nerves can be identified.
- The doubled veins may unite in front and behind the artery to form a plexus around that vessel.
- This nerve is considered by some authors as the most variable nerve of the lumbar plexus.
- More example sentences
- Other findings include secondary medial hypertrophy of pulmonary arteries, alveolar hemorrhage, and absence of plexiform lesions.
- In addition, nitrotyrosine expression was also observed in 18 of 25 plexiform lesions.
- Both the localized and plexiform neurofibromas of neurofibromatosis type 1 carry an increased risk of malignant degeneration.
late 17th century: from Latin, literally 'plaited formation', past participle of plectere 'to plait'.
More definitions of plexusDefinition of plexus in:
- The British & World English dictionary