Definition of plica in English:
1 (plural plicae /-kē, -sē/ or plicas) Anatomy A fold or ridge of tissue.
- These commarginal lirae broadly tongue dorsally across plicae and ventrally across interspaces.
- Fibrosis of the tubal plicae was noticed in 35.5% of the specimens and was graded as mild, moderate, or severe.
- Commissure crenulated at intersection with plicae and nodes posteriorly.
1.1 Botany A small lobe between the petals of a flower.
- Loxochlamys having 13-15 prominent radial rounded-trigonal plicae that begin early in ontogeny and remain of moderate height throughout ontogeny.
- In addition the plicae/petal size relationship was of the Gentians sap onaria type.
- The Plica Triangularis extended into the right frontal lobe.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan