- A bob of lead or other heavy material forming the weight of a plumb line.More example sentences
- Here, three metal rods ran across a corner of the gallery, each supporting a large pulley wheel and a piece of canvas strap to which were attached a plumb bob and a weight.
- More than 2,000 years ago the Mayans used plumb bobs and chalk lines in building carved columns so finely that a row of hundreds of these would disappear behind the first one.
- They include a mason's kit with various shapes for cutting limestone and finishing masonry work and mortar; a plumb bob fastened from limestone; and tools for cutting, scraping, chiseling, planing, and sawing wood.
More definitions of plumb bobDefinition of plumb bob in:
- The British & World English dictionary