- A line with a plumb attached to it, used for finding the depth of water or determining the vertical on an upright surface.More example sentences
- We did scramble out on one permanent pond with a view to testing the depth with a plumb line which was probably quite dangerous but you don't think of that at that age.
- Draw a plumb line on the wall representing one side of the cabinet.
- There is a good chance that the corner is not plumb, so this process guarantees that you will be working from a plumb line.
More definitions of plumb lineDefinition of plumb line in:
- The British & World English dictionary