- A person who installs and repairs the pipes and fittings of water supply, sanitation, or heating systems.More example sentences
- When the plumber fitted the new central heating/water system he fitted a manual shower mixer tap for us.
- It became apparent there was too much water for the plumber to pump away, so the fire brigade was called in.
- Four plumbers have told me that the main line is clogged with roots, and they want thousands of dollars to replace it.
late Middle English (originally denoting a person dealing in and working with lead): from Old French plommier, from Latin plumbarius, from plumbum 'lead'.
More definitions of plumberDefinition of plumber in:
- The British & World English dictionary