- A small, slender, long-legged moth with narrow wings divided into feathery plumes. At rest, the wings are rolled and held out sideways, giving the moth the shape of a letter T.
More example sentences
- Family Pterophoridae: several genera
- Plume moths have wings consisting of five or more parts each.
- Geranium plume moths and snapdragon plume moths appear to be most active in California although they have been found in southeastern greenhouses that have received cuttings from California.
More definitions of plume mothDefinition of plume moth in:
- The British & World English dictionary