1A deep basin excavated at the foot of a waterfall by the action of the falling water.
- It reminded Callan of a booming waterfall as it crashes into the plunge pool below.
- For almost two decades, the Tarahumara frog has been absent from the southern Arizona canyons and deep plunge pools to which it had adapted over millennia.
- Spectacular waterfalls tumble into convenient plunge pools for the refreshment of weary walkers.
2chiefly British A small, deep swimming pool, typically one filled with cold water and used to refresh or invigorate the body after a sauna.
- The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool and an indoor plunge pool, and there's also a small fitness centre with a sauna and steam bath, and services on offer range from massage and aromatherapy to hairdressing.
- What's more, as I took my walk of shame, naked women started leaping from saunas into icy plunge pools.
- It all adds up to a spa experience involving several steam rooms, saunas, plunge pools and foot baths, plus a range of innovative treatments.
Definition of plunge pool in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.