Definition of pluralize in English:
1Cause to become more numerous.
- His goal is ‘to pluralize our understanding of the philosophical era known as ‘the Enlightenment’’.
- They can pluralize the number of domestic actors that contribute to the definition of customary and cultural norms
- Moreover, the previous pluralizing has brought a greater sense of context and purpose to even the more personal songs.
1.1Cause to be made up of several different elements.
- In recent years, Australian society has differentiated and pluralised.
- So preparation is a behavior whose first motion instantly pluralizes itself.
- Contemporary Western feminist theory in the 1980s moved beyond the dialogues that sought to differentiate feminisms from each other and instead began to articulate a more pluralized notion of feminism at its core.
2Give a plural form to (a word).
- My biggest beef, though, is with the erroneous use of apostrophes to pluralize acronyms and abbreviations like CEOs, GIs, and CDs.
- If the compound is pluralized, the plural morpheme attaches only to the second element, not to the first, or to both: girl-friends, * girls-friends, * girls-friend.
- They certainly never learned how to pluralize nouns ending in ‘y.’
- Example sentences
- In the context of cultural pluralization produced by migration and by social stratification, ethnicity remains a social marker relative to other ethnicities subordinated to national identities.
- The present discussion on so-called individualization and pluralization that is popular in Germany has been built on this earlier literature and has not made reference to Geiger's work.
- The transition to democracy in Muslim societies depends, as it does everywhere, on a pluralization and differentiation in society and a separation of powers in the state.
Definition of pluralize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan