- (Of an immature or stem cell) capable of giving rise to several different cell types.More example sentences
- As a pluripotent cell type, a human embryonic stem cell is capable of forming all adult cell types.
- The pluripotent embryonic stem cell cannot, under any conditions, develop into an organism.
- Cells from these embryos can be used to create pluripotent stem cell ‘lines’, cultures that can be grown indefinitely in the laboratory.
More definitions of pluripotentDefinition of pluripotent in:
- The British & World English dictionary