- Baggy knickers reaching below the knee, worn especially by men for playing golf.More example sentences
- His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales, arrived by train overnight, pulled on his plus fours and a beret, grabbed his shooting stick and headed for Carnoustie for the final day of the 1931 Open.
- Since then he has exhibited worldwide - at overseas exhibitions he plays his Englishness to the hilt by turning up wearing plus fours and a deerstalker.
- Several male refugees packed plus fours in the belief that they constituted an essential part of a respectable Englishman's wardrobe.
1920s: so named because the overhang at the knee requires an extra four inches of material.
More definitions of plus foursDefinition of plus fours in:
- The British & World English dictionary