noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of physics or technology concerned with the mechanical properties of gases.More example sentences
- His works look like lecture notes from courses he must have given there on mathematics, physics, pneumatics, and mechanics.
- In these he described the fundamentals of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanics as well as countless other applications, including coin operated drinking fountains, self-trimming lanterns, and temple doors opened by lighting a fire.
- Air filtration systems, compressors and some engines use pneumatics to generate energy.
More definitions of pneumaticsDefinition of pneumatics in:
- The British & World English dictionary