Definition of pneumatology in English:
The branch of Christian theology concerned with the Holy Spirit.
- He does so brilliantly, synthesizing Thomas's doctrine of God, God's relationship to creation, the doctrine of ‘image and likeness,’ and Christology and pneumatology.
- The relation between Christology and pneumatology has been an important element of contemporary ecumenical discussion especially between eastern and western Christians.
- It is true, of course, that every Christian belief is related to all the others; but pneumatology in particular would seem to be a zone of theology that can hardly be entered except by an indirect route.
- Example sentences
- Reflecting traditional religions' stress on immediate experience of spiritual reality, worship and theology become more pneumatological, with greater emphasis on the experience and power of the Holy Spirit.
- I call the third and final inflection of the triune name the pneumatological inflection, the inflection most naturally appropriated to the third person of the Trinity.
- On the other side, Pentecostals are nurtured by a pneumatological vision of what it means to be the church; their identity is therefore as a fellowship of the Spirit centered around the presence and activity of the Spirit of Jesus.
Definition of pneumatology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan