- Inflammation of the walls of the alveoli in the lungs, usually caused by a virus.More example sentences
- Ammonia gas exposure is associated with a range of upper respiratory symptomatology, including severe cases of chemical pneumonitis and intense pulmonary inflammation.
- The authors conclude that the new antidepressant, venlafaxine, can cause both pneumonitis and heart failure.
- The administration of steroids and antibiotics was started under the diagnosis of acute interstitial pneumonitis, but the symptoms did not improve significantly.
More definitions of pneumonitisDefinition of pneumonitis in:
- The British & World English dictionary