- Any of a class of cruisers with large-caliber guns, operated by the German navy in World War II.More example sentences
- The real Jervis Bay was sunk while defending a convoy against a pocket battleship.
- Though outgunned by the German's heavy weapons, task force leader Cdre Henry Harwood engaged Graf Spee - at great cost to all three British vessels, which were badly damaged by the pocket battleship's 11 in main turrets.
- Attempting a night landing on the Rio del Plata near Montevideo, the aircraft crashed and sank near the wreck of the German pocket battleship Graf Spee.
More definitions of pocket battleshipDefinition of pocket battleship in:
- The British & World English dictionary