- A watch on a chain, intended to be carried in the pocket of a jacket or vest.More example sentences
- In New York in 1890, the latest pocket watch and fob chain could carry seals the wearer could use to demonstrate their place in society.
- Until the advent of the wristwatch in the twentieth century, men's pocket watches were suspended from a chain with a watch fob at the other end.
- He is carrying a pocket watch and fretting aloud over how ‘late’ he is.
More definitions of pocket watchDefinition of pocket watch in:
- The British & World English dictionary