Definition of podge in English:
1A short, fat person.
- The one called Hogarth is charcoal-black, a contemplative podge that looks out upon the world with stupefied wonder.
- This, on the other hand, is likely to prove bait only for food addicts desperate for their next fix, and I'm pretty sure you can outrun a pizza-loving podge no matter how inappropriate your footwear.
1.1Excess weight; fat.
- To be excessively fat is as dangerous as it is to be excessively thin, but there is nothing wrong with a bit of podge.
- You surely didn't think I would wait until you could hear Santa cursing as he squeezed his podge down your hot, sooty chimney before I mentioned the ‘C’ word, did you?
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
Definition of podge in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan