Definition of podiatry in English:
The treatment of the feet and their ailments.
- Wound management differs significantly from many other aspects of patient care that tend to be more specific to nursing, medicine, podiatry, or physical therapy.
- It has been marketed for applications in dentistry, gynecology and podiatry, as well as other medical applications.
- It became the unit of choice with its core audience of dermatologists, surgeons, and veterinarians, while its use expanded into ENT, urology, podiatry, plastic surgery, and international markets.
Early 20th century: from Greek pous, pod- 'foot' + iatros 'physician'.
- Example sentences
- Patients who do not respond to simple interventions, or those who have orthopedic or systemic diseases complicating their foot care may require a referral to a podiatrist, foot clinic or orthopedist.
- Document any other dermatologic complaint and obtain a consultation with a podiatrist or dermatologist for overall care, if necessary.
- Further, direct supervision is provided by an RN, operating physician, licensed podiatrist, or licensed dentist.
Words that rhyme with podiatrypsychiatry
Definition of podiatry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan