Definition of podocarp in English:
A coniferous tree or shrub that is chiefly native to the southern hemisphere, widely grown as an ornamental or timber tree.
- Genus Podocarpus, family Podocarpaceae
- After crossing the beautiful Mahitahi River you drive through an impressive avenue of mixed rimu and podocarps and ferns and tree ferns.
- Vegetation dominated by low density stands of podocarp and taxodiod conifers grew on mobile braided alluvial plains where it was subject to regular catastrophic flooding events.
- These sound like a contradiction in terms, but the name refers to an area on the mainland, mainly in forests of beech and podocarps, which would be treated like an island and given intensive pest control programmes.
Definition of podocarp in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan