- A person who writes inferior poetry.More example sentences
- I have worked terribly hard, and done good, permanent work - and I have passed the turn of my life and I am a beggar with no more recognition than the slightest poetaster.
- Many scientific teachers of literature never find this out; the poetaster discovers it because he has been trying to make poetry, though he has hard luck.
- For once, readers will see how delightful great poets are, and how nauseating are poetasters.
late 16th century: modern Latin, from Latin poeta 'poet' + -aster.
More definitions of poetasterDefinition of poetaster in:
- The British & World English dictionary