- The fact of experiencing a fitting or deserved retribution for one’s actions: the noise was deafening and it was poetic justice when the amplifiers stalled just before the startMore example sentences
- There is a kind of poetic justice in the fact that these vehicles of colonisation of the land, precisely for its own exploitation are over time slowly dissolving back into the very landscape that they were imposed upon.
- Today, I think that we are seeing some poetic justice by coming back to south Waterloo.
- While some have had the displeasure of being discarded by me, the intervention of poetic justice has ensured that I get paid back in the same coin and be discarded by others.
More definitions of poetic justiceDefinition of poetic justice in:
- The British & World English dictionary