Definition of poeticize in English:
1Make poetic in character.
- Mayor Woolstencroft poeticized these sentiments saying, ‘It is as if the world holds its breath as we make these remarks… Today, we turn more than sod; we turn a page in our community's history.’
- Many writers have tried to poeticize drug abuse, to portray their habits as fanciful rather than merely destructive.
- Who gave her anything close to the right to poeticize this death and this mother's slow disintegration?
1.1 [no object] Write or speak poetically.
- The more Clausewitz poeticizes, the more convinced the reader is that friction is in fact paramount in war, theory nothing.
- He could poeticize for hours about the ‘fluorescent orbs.’
- One remaining issue perhaps needs a little comment to elaborate the contrast between poeticising and ideologising the reading of a text, or the listening to the patient.
- Example sentences
- There wasn't an appreciable sonic variation, other than perhaps a touch more slide guitar weaving through the aching poeticisms on the second, and stronger, offering.
- One needs to try to avoid poeticism where possible.
- The instrumentation on the record has a strange sensuality to it, acting as kind of redemptive salve and counterpoint to the jagged poeticism of the lyrics.
Words that rhyme with poeticizeelasticize • parenthesize
Definition of poeticize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.