verb[no object] • dated
- 1Write or speak in verse or in a poetic style.More example sentences
- In A Certain World Auden quotes Nietzsche's description of Dante ‘or the hyena poetizing among the tombs’; the quotation comes from Gotzen-Dammerung, reprinted in Samtliche Werke 6: 111.
- And third, the revolution must effect systemic social change: Changing individual lives - by killing them or by educating them, by preaching or poetizing at them - will not in and of itself effect global social change.
- 1.1 [with object] Represent in poetic form.More example sentences
- Here Baraka repeats the Emersonian desire to poetize American with new signs, but his appropriation shows how at the same time American's own sons were incapable of the project.
- These last two poems met to mingle in the emotions that poetized these masterpieces.
More definitions of poetizeDefinition of poetize in:
- The British & World English dictionary