1Evoking a keen sense of sadness or regret: a poignant reminder of the passing of time
More example sentences
- The play follows the story of one man's fight to save his land, combining poignant drama with a sense of humour.
- He can be rather repetitive, but his best work has great delicacy of colour and handling and a poignant sense of lost innocence.
- Funny, touching, moving and poignant - this could be one of the most affecting shows the Alhambra has staged.
- More example sentences
- It definitely brought the point home even more poignantly about how important the sense of community and place and family and values are.
- This is most poignantly evident in matters of faith.
- She writes poignantly but incisively about the warring imperatives of hugging them ever closer to her and nudging them towards an independence they might need if she died.