- Denoting an automatic camera which, when it is pointed at a subject and the shutter release is pressed, will take a properly exposed and focused photograph.More example sentences
- Most zoom point-and-shoot cameras, for example, have a viewfinder that automatically adjusts your view as you zoom in or out.
- Some SLR and point-and-shoot cameras provide a landscape-exposure mode that automatically sets a small aperture for you.
- Most point-and-shoot cameras have a minimum focusing distance of around 1 1/2 to 2 feet.
More definitions of point-and-shootDefinition of point-and-shoot in:
- The British & World English dictionary