- 1North American A forecast of the number of points by which a stronger team is expected to defeat a weaker one, used for betting purposes.More example sentences
- Straight betting means wagering on a team winning or losing-bucking the odds in baseball or betting against the point spread in football and basketball.
- Bet against any pro football team that is attempting to cover the point spread for the second straight game as a road favorite.
- In the second experiment they were also asked to estimate the probability that a specific NBA team beat the point spread in an earlier game.
More definitions of point spreadDefinition of point spread in:
- The British & World English dictionary