- 1Cement or mortar used to fill the joints of brickwork, especially when added externally to a wall to improve its appearance and weatherproofing.More example sentences
- I am satisfied that there was ingress of water from time to time through the defective leadwork of the roof and through open joint pointing between the coping stones of the parapet wall.
- In older houses check the pointing, particularly in courses of bricks below the damp course.
- The room was lit by cylindrical skylights, each placed above an alcove of unplastered brickwork with recessed pointing.
- 1.1The process of adding pointing to brickwork.More example sentences
- The restoration of the church involves the pointing of the limestone to prevent the damp from reaching the bathstone, as the bathstone literally crumbles away in damp conditions.
More definitions of pointingDefinition of pointing in:
- The British & World English dictionary