Definition of pointless in English:
1Having little or no sense, use, or purpose: speculating like this is a pointless exercise [with infinitive]: it’s pointless to plan too far ahead
More example sentences
- It beggars belief how anyone with any sense could buy this pointless drivel.
- Whichever way you cut it, it's still too often a pointless exercise for anyone writing for the consumer press.
- It's a pointless exercise in negativity by both the Labor Party and the Democrats.
- Example sentences
- Children, like all young mammals, actively do things that don't seem to make a great deal of sense at the time - playing pointlessly.
- The anachronisms remind us, pointlessly, that the play is a modern construct.
- It is presumed that the legislature avoid superfluous or meaningless words, that it does not pointlessly repeat itself or speak in vain.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan