1Having a composed and self-assured manner.
- Keira was always in control, always composed, poised and confident.
- A tall, good-looking young man, poised and self-assured, Bassam is a Christian.
- Jake's poised and assertive manner was diminishing before my very eyes.
1.1Having a graceful and elegant bearing.
- Here also she gets her lines right, she is still poised and graceful, she is still fetching on the dance floor, but she has precious little to do.
- A poised and graceful swimmer, she never seemed to tire in the water.
- Balke's careful, walking on eggshells piano etches graceful, poised lines or occasionally, prepared piano abstractions.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.