- 1Having a composed and self-assured manner.More example sentences
- Keira was always in control, always composed, poised and confident.
- A tall, good-looking young man, poised and self-assured, Bassam is a Christian.
- Jake's poised and assertive manner was diminishing before my very eyes.
- 1.1Having a graceful and elegant bearing.More example sentences
- Here also she gets her lines right, she is still poised and graceful, she is still fetching on the dance floor, but she has precious little to do.
- A poised and graceful swimmer, she never seemed to tire in the water.
- Balke's careful, walking on eggshells piano etches graceful, poised lines or occasionally, prepared piano abstractions.