Definition of poison ivy in English:
A North American climbing plant of the cashew family that secretes an irritant oil from its leaves, which can cause dermatitis.
- Rhus radicans, family Anacardiaceae
- Ground ivy and poison ivy grow in shade, while dead nettle, dandelions, and clover thrive in fertile soil.
- In April a small tractor had been used to disc-harrow much of the poison ivy, bittersweet, bayberry, and grass cover, leaving the soil soft and free of vegetation.
- The poison ivy should not really affect the vegetables, but I would remove the poison ivy, making sure to get all of the root system.
Definition of poison ivy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan