Definition of poison oak in English:
A North American climbing shrub of the cashew family, closely related to poison ivy and having similar properties.
- Rhus toxicodendron, family Anacardiaceae
- She says that for centuries, plantain has been used to provide immediate relief from mosquito bites, hornet stings and the painful itching of poison ivy or poison oak.
- If a child touches poison ivy, poison oak or a sumac plant, causing an itchy rash with pin-size clear blisters, give him a thorough bath to remove the oily resin that caused the reaction.
- The late Alabama folk herbalist Tommie Bass used plantain for sunburn, stings, poison ivy and poison oak.
Definition of poison oak in:
- British & World English dictionary