- A photographic or optical filter that polarizes the light passing through it, used chiefly for reducing reflections and improving contrast. Two polarizing filters are often used together, such that rotation of one of them results in a neutral density filter of variable density.More example sentences
- After a gentle rain, when the colors are intensely saturated, you can use a polarizing filter to remove surface reflections for even richer color, as well as to deepen the blue of a clearing sky.
- A UV or strong skylight filter will absorb some of this excess, but a polarizing filter is perhaps the most effective tool.
- A polarizing filter will help you remove surface reflections and see deeper into the pools.
More definitions of polarizing filterDefinition of polarizing filter in:
- The British & World English dictionary