Definition of polemical in English:
Of, relating to, or involving strongly critical, controversial, or disputatious writing or speech: a polemical essay
More example sentences
- There is no reason why good polemical writing cannot be considered expository in the literal meanings of both words.
- But it is important to recognise at the outset that at least from time to time the book has a strongly polemical edge to it.
- While the novel is full of terse, vivid and polemical writing, the author neglects to create a fulfilling narrative.
- Example sentences
- And when challenged to explain his prejudice, he could not defend his argument, either ideologically, polemically or academically.
- It is polemically pursuing a particular idea of history.
- The ‘alternate’ view point is often from some conservative Democrat, usually outnumbered and usually less knowledgeable than the polemically astute right wing pundits.