Relating to or involving strongly critical, controversial, or disputatious writing or speech: a polemical essay
More example sentences
- There is no reason why good polemical writing cannot be considered expository in the literal meanings of both words.
- But it is important to recognise at the outset that at least from time to time the book has a strongly polemical edge to it.
- While the novel is full of terse, vivid and polemical writing, the author neglects to create a fulfilling narrative.
- Example sentences
- And when challenged to explain his prejudice, he could not defend his argument, either ideologically, polemically or academically.
- It is polemically pursuing a particular idea of history.
- The ‘alternate’ view point is often from some conservative Democrat, usually outnumbered and usually less knowledgeable than the polemically astute right wing pundits.
Words that rhyme with polemicalacademical, agrochemical, alchemical, biochemical, chemical, petrochemical, photochemical
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.