- A totalitarian state controlled by a political police force that secretly supervises the citizens' activities.More example sentences
- Even dictatorships and police states have fewer citizens behind bars.
- On the other hand, cooperation with corrupt law enforcement organizations - or with police forces from police states - compromises our own law enforcement process.
- The practice of detaining people in the streets and busting into their homes and workplaces to check on their identification is common in police states.
More definitions of police stateDefinition of police state in:
- The British & World English dictionary