noun (plural policewomen)
- A female member of a police force.More example sentences
- We assume that the woman wearing a police uniform is a policewoman, or that the woman wearing a nurse's uniform is a nurse.
- As we headed out for a run this afternoon we noticed that the pavement directly next to my gate had been cordoned off and there was a policeman and a policewoman standing guard over it.
- He uses policemen and policewomen as pawns in a little Treasury game between himself and the Minister of Transport, whilst he sends his officers out there to collect revenue by issuing 27 percent more traffic tickets.
More definitions of policewomanDefinition of policewoman in:
- The British & World English dictionary