- A movie based on a police novel, portraying crime and its detection by police.More example sentences
- But the film is less a policier than a post-Foucault case study of the criminal as social transgressor.
- This explanation was really unnecessary; his debts to both films are obvious, including Melville's insistence that the policier is the only remaining vehicle for tragedy - at least for a French film-maker.
- Expect is an ensemble policier, an uncommonly sunny film with urban chumminess that recalls contemporary Japanese television serials.
French, from roman policier 'detective novel'.
More definitions of policierDefinition of policier in:
- The British & World English dictionary