(also political correctitude)
- The avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.More example sentences
- This isn't a matter of so-called political correctness, but of social decency.
- It was not a mark of political correctness, but of social justice.
- Advertisers had argued that to ban the advertisements would be overzealous political correctness.
More definitions of political correctnessDefinition of political correctness in:
- The British & World English dictionary