Economics as a branch of knowledge or academic discipline.
More example sentences
- The context consisted of economic history, political economy and the history of economic ideas.
- It is not economics that drives the analysis but politics, and the line between economics and political economy has now blurred.
- Early American writers on political economy reacted negatively to Ricardo's theory of rent.
- More example sentences
- The great American political economist Thorstein Veblen, one of the most important social thinkers of the last century, made a distinction between what he called the ‘substantial people’ and ‘the underlying population’.
- Marx develops the position of the classical political economists in two directions.
- George, in contrast, always viewed himself as a classical political economist, in the vein of Adam Smith.
Definition of political economy in:
- The British & World English dictionary