- A game of Eastern origin resembling field hockey, played on horseback with a long-handled mallet.More example sentences
- How can they be world champions at polo, play magnificent hockey, soccer and rugby?
- John's own interest is rugby but he is well able to appreciate a good game of polo.
- Used mainly as cavalry horses, the walers also excelled as mounts at polo, race meetings, and gymkhanas.
late 19th century: from Balti (a Tibetan language), 'ball'.
More definitions of poloDefinition of polo in:
- The British & World English dictionary