noun (plural polys)• informal
- 1.1Polyester.More example sentences
- Stretch Twill is a poly/rayon/Lycroflex blend that is both comfortable and very flexible, and offers a casual look with sacrificing performance.
- The Stretch Twill Pro Bowler, style BRS-007 from Boardroom, is a poly/rayon with Lycroplex blend that is a more mobile and comfortable version of Boardroom's microfibre fabric.
- The existing men's style is a short-sleeve poly/rayon blend with some surface detail and a soft hand to give it an upscale look and feel.
- 1.2Polytechnic.More example sentences
- First, the old polytechnics were rebranded as universities - a process of levelling-down that has really meant many old universities becoming polys in all but name.
- But media studies at a former poly faces an extra battle to gain credibility among the very media it seeks to understand.
- Fake your CV so it shows you failed most of your A-levels and just managed to scrape a third-class management degree from a former poly your dad bunged a few thousand quid to, and you will be an irresistible prospect.
- 1.3Polyethylene.More example sentences
- Other, tougher polyethylene options are woven poly and high-density polyethylene, a honeycombed material with better energy efficiency.
- Usually one large sheet 7 of poly is used for all four walls of a room in a building.
More definitions of polyDefinition of poly in:
- The British & World English dictionary