- A synthetic polymer of a type made by the linkage of an amino group of one molecule and a carboxylic acid group of another, including many synthetic fibers such as nylon.More example sentences
- Generically known as a group of polyamides, nylon is chemically distinguished by its amide linkages to two aromatic rings.
- One polymer that is widely used for extruded balloon catheters is polyamide (nylon).
- Examples of polymers produced in this way include polyesters, polyamides, polyurethanes, polyethers, and polysulfones.
More definitions of polyamideDefinition of polyamide in:
- The British & World English dictionary