Definition of polyanthus in English:
noun (plural same)
A herbaceous flowering plant that is a complex hybrid between the wild primrose and primulas, cultivated in Europe since the 17th century.
- Primula × polyantha, family Primulaceae
- Most gardeners know - and grow - primroses and polyanthus.
- And everywhere I look there are primulas and polyanthus showing their bright little flowers.
- Other jobs include dividing primulas and polyanthus once they have finished flowering.
Words that rhyme with polyanthusacanthus, agapanthus, clianthus, dianthus, helianthus
Definition of polyanthus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.