noun (plural same)
- A herbaceous flowering plant that is a complex hybrid between the wild primrose and primulas, cultivated in Europe since the 17th century.
More example sentences
- Primula × polyantha, family Primulaceae
- Most gardeners know - and grow - primroses and polyanthus.
- And everywhere I look there are primulas and polyanthus showing their bright little flowers.
- Other jobs include dividing primulas and polyanthus once they have finished flowering.
early 18th century: modern Latin, from poly- 'many' + Greek anthos 'flower'.
More definitions of polyanthusDefinition of polyanthus in:
- The British & World English dictionary