- Any of a class of toxic aromatic compounds, often formed as waste in industrial processes, whose molecules contain two benzene rings in which hydrogen atoms have been replaced by chlorine atoms.More example sentences
- Although trained as a veterinarian, Miyata cut his teeth as an environmental scientist researching another toxic chemical, polychlorinated biphenyl, at the Osaka Prefecture Institute of Public Health.
- This is an important convention, as it provides for the safe disposal of persistent organic pollutants, including polychlorinated biphenyl.
- Further tests discovered traces of some of the world's most toxic industrial chemicals, including polychlorinated biphenyls and dioxin, in Arctic wildlife.
More definitions of polychlorinated biphenylDefinition of polychlorinated biphenyl in:
- The British & World English dictionary