- A polymer that has several ionizable groups along the molecule, especially any of those used for coagulating and flocculating particles during water treatment or for making electrophoretic gels.More example sentences
- Biochemists have known for many years that to get large charged molecules called polyelectrolytes to snuggle up, ions in the solution are essential.
- Even so, this apparent complexity would allow benefit from progresses in statistical physics, and scaling theories applied to polymers, polyelectrolytes, and polyampholytes.
- Transport of polyelectrolytes, in particular of nucleic acid fragments, through proteinaceous pores in membranes has also been reported.
More definitions of polyelectrolyteDefinition of polyelectrolyte in:
- The British & World English dictionary