(chiefly British also polysulphide)
- 1A compound containing two or more sulfur atoms bonded together as an anion or group.More example sentences
- Thiokol Chemical Corporation produced a synthetic rubber from ethylene dichloride and sodium polysulfide.
- Approximately 3 lb of calcium carbonate are needed to neutralize the effect of 1 lb of sulfur applied as elemental sulfur or ammonium polysulfide.
- 1.1A synthetic rubber or other polymer in which the units are linked through sulfur compounds.More example sentences
- The polysulfide degrades, cracks and causes the window to fail and ‘fog up’.
- These coatings exhibit the toughness and adhesion of epoxy, with the elasticity and chemical resistance of a polysulfide.
- There are three common types: polysulfides, polyurethanes, and silicones.
More definitions of polysulfideDefinition of polysulfide in:
- The British & World English dictionary