- Denoting or relating to a language characterized by complex words consisting of several morphemes, in which a single word may function as a whole sentence. Many American Indian languages are polysynthetic.More example sentences
- As Geoff points out, the Inuit's polysynthetic language puts them in a strong position to make up descriptive words like this.
- Unlike English, Iñupiaq is a polysynthetic language - dozens of affixes can add nuance to the meaning of a simple noun like snow.
- Considering that Eskimo languages are polysynthetic it is difficult to compare them to English.
More definitions of polysyntheticDefinition of polysynthetic in:
- The British & World English dictionary