Definition of polytechnic in English:
An institution of higher education offering courses in many subjects, especially vocational or technical subjects.
- This result was accomplished by granting university status to the polytechnics and to some colleges of higher education.
- To supply the growing educational and training demand, active support has been granted to private institutes, polytechnics and colleges that provide IT training.
- The conversion of the British polytechnics into universities is parallel to the move by some community colleges to offer a workforce bachelor's degree.
adjectiveBack to top
Dealing with or devoted to various vocational or technical subjects.
- Hundreds of polytechnic students at Andalas University attacked the university's School of Law on the Limau Manis campus on Thursday.
- As the new assistant minister of education she devotes herself to educational improvement, opening polytechnic schools in remote areas.
- What measures has the Government undertaken to reinforce polytechnic activity in areas that contribute strongly to its core role?
Words that rhyme with polytechnicpyrotechnic, technic
Definition of polytechnic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan