Definition of polyuria in English:
Production of abnormally large volumes of dilute urine. Compare with diuresis.
- The most important renal effects are polydipsia and polyuria resulting from nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, and nephrolithiasis resulting from hypercalciuria.
- He reported classic symptoms of diabetes, including polydipsia, polyuria, fatigue, hunger, nausea, and vomiting.
- A history of diabetic symptoms such as polydipsia, polyuria and weight loss may sometimes, but not always, be present.
- Example sentences
- By contrast, the excretion of electrolyte free water was high enough to increase the plasma sodium concentration by close to 3 mmol/l/h in the polyuric index patient who recovered.
- Over the previous two days he had been feeling increasingly tired, lethargic, polyuric, and thirsty.
Definition of polyuria in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan