- Production of abnormally large volumes of dilute urine. Compare with diuresis.More example sentences
- The most important renal effects are polydipsia and polyuria resulting from nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, and nephrolithiasis resulting from hypercalciuria.
- He reported classic symptoms of diabetes, including polydipsia, polyuria, fatigue, hunger, nausea, and vomiting.
- A history of diabetic symptoms such as polydipsia, polyuria and weight loss may sometimes, but not always, be present.
- More example sentences
- By contrast, the excretion of electrolyte free water was high enough to increase the plasma sodium concentration by close to 3 mmol/l/h in the polyuric index patient who recovered.
- Over the previous two days he had been feeling increasingly tired, lethargic, polyuric, and thirsty.
More definitions of polyuriaDefinition of polyuria in:
- The British & World English dictionary