Think about (something) carefully, especially before making a decision or reaching a conclusion: I pondered the question of what clothes to wear for the occasion [no object]: she sat pondering over her problem
More example sentences
- There is a subtle message to the reader who sits pondering the meaning of the titles.
- Believe it or not they don't just sit indoors, pondering life and pausing occasionally to smell a rose.
- The merest of pauses follow as he ponders his quick-fire response.
- ( rare )More example sentences
- And the worst part is that, where I usually question my friends when things go bad & wonder whether they're worth it & other uberdramatic ponderations, at the moment I seem to be questioning my devotion to them.
- So it was only after ten minutes of steamy ponderation that I finally clucked my tongue for the last time and turned on BBEdit's ‘Show Line Numbers’ feature to get my score.
- There is so much out there to think about, to enrich ourselves with and to use our cerebral matter in ponderation that it seemed to me to be almost a crime for these people not to use their grey matter to its full potential!