Definition of pondweed in English:
A submerged aquatic plant that grows in still or running water and sometimes has floating leaves.
- Genus Potamogeton, family Potamogetonaceae
- Water hyacinths, duckweed, and pondweed are all aquatic monocots.
- There'd be some pondweed, lotus and water lily, but you could still take a boat out here and fish.
- Influxes of saltwater can ‘burn’ and destroy aquatic vegetation such as pondweed, najas and other freshwater and brackish water plants that serve as prime duck fodder.
Definition of pondweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan