Definition of pondweed in English:
A submerged aquatic plant that grows in still or running water and sometimes has floating leaves.
- Genus Potamogeton, family Potamogetonaceae
- Water hyacinths, duckweed, and pondweed are all aquatic monocots.
- There'd be some pondweed, lotus and water lily, but you could still take a boat out here and fish.
- Influxes of saltwater can ‘burn’ and destroy aquatic vegetation such as pondweed, najas and other freshwater and brackish water plants that serve as prime duck fodder.
Definition of pondweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.