Definition of pondweed in English:
A submerged aquatic plant that grows in still or running water and sometimes has floating leaves.
- Genus Potamogeton, family Potamogetonaceae
- Water hyacinths, duckweed, and pondweed are all aquatic monocots.
- There'd be some pondweed, lotus and water lily, but you could still take a boat out here and fish.
- Influxes of saltwater can ‘burn’ and destroy aquatic vegetation such as pondweed, najas and other freshwater and brackish water plants that serve as prime duck fodder.
Words that rhyme with pondweedduckweed • tumbleweed
Definition of pondweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.