Definition of popgun in English:
1A child’s toy gun that shoots a harmless pellet or cork.
- I felt like someone had placed a popgun really close to my ear and shot it off because there was a ringing that wouldn't stop as well.
- Other popular games include: ‘gunfighting’ with bamboo popguns; beetle-and spider-fighting; and huyup-huyup, blowing rubber bands out of a circle for bets.
- The sweet and beautifully drawn Song of the Birds is about a kid's remorse when he hits a little bird with a popgun.
1.1A small, inefficient, or antiquated gun.
- On the open prairie the .22 Magnum sounds like a popgun.
- But between you and me, the less I hear those popguns, the more regularly my heart beats.
- Yes, it has some amusing dialogue, mostly one-liners, but the humor is that of a professional popgun for hire, an impersonal jokester, rather than an observer of humanity.
Definition of popgun in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan